Download the PDF for the SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern (Grade C, D) here. Candidates must read this post if they’re looking for the SSC Stenographer 2023 Syllabus. Along with the SSC Stenographer C & D Exam Syllabus, we have also shared the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023 and SSC Stenographer Grade C, D Selection Process 2023 on this page. Candidates can visit the Staff Selection Commission (SSC)’s (ssc.nic.in) official website for more information on the SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
The SSC Stenographer exam is a yearly nationwide test designed to identify qualified candidates for Stenographer Grade C and Grade D posts in non-gazetted positions across various government ministries, departments, and agencies. Candidates who score admirably in the written portion are then invited to participate in the SSC Stenographer Skill Test. Three separate sections—General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language, and Comprehension—make up the exam’s question paper. The SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023 relevant to the assessment will be thoroughly examined in the following sections of this article.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023 – Details
|SSC Stenographer 2023 Syllabus PDF | Check Grade C & D Exam Pattern|
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Post Name||Stenographer Grade C & D|
|Selection Process||Computer Based Test, Skill Test, Document Verification|
|Job Location||Across India|
SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Selection Process 2023
All the applied aspirants should go through this section to know information regarding the SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Selection Process 2023.
- Computer Based Test
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023
- The question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
- There will be a negative marking equal to one-third of the marks allotted to the question for each wrong answer in Computer Based Examination.
|Name Of the Subject||Number Of Questions/ Number Of Marks||Duration Of Time|
|Part – I: General Intelligence & Reasoning||50 Questions – 50 Marks||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed the use of a scribe)|
|Part – II: General Awareness||50 Questions – 50 Marks|
|Part – III: English Language and Comprehension||100 Questions – 100 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions – 200 Marks|
Skill Test in Stenography
The Computer Based Examination’s shortlisted applicants will have to show up for the Stenography Skill Test. For the position of stenographer grade “C,” candidates will be given one 10-minute dictation in either English or Hindi (based on their choice in the online application form). At a speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m. ), and 80 w.p.m. for the position of stenographer grade “D.” The subject will require computer transcription. Following is the transcription time:
|SSC Stenographer 2023 Skill Test|
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates eligible for scribe|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50||70|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65||90|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40||55|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55||75|
Download SSC Stenographer Syllabus PDF
SSC Stenographer General Intelligence & Reasoning
- It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal types.
- The test will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment,
- decision-making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, etc.
- The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship,
- arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions.
General Awareness for SSC Stenographer
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him, and Its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and
- experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History,
- Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc.
- These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC Stenographer English Language & Comprehension
In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language. Its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.