The government is providing free food to 80 crore people with low-income every month through Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana 2023). The scheme was supposed to continue till November 2020 but has now been extended till December 2023. This is to help those who are struggling due to the lockdown.
The government wants to help those who are economically weak, like street dwellers, rag pickers, hawkers, rickshaw pullers and migrant labourers. The corona virus has caused a lot of problems in the world, including our country.
The government is giving free food to people with low-income through the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana package, which will help those who are struggling to find food. The government has allocated Rs. 1.70 crore for the purpose. Every month, 5 kg of rice or wheat and 1 kg of pulses will be given free to the people with low-income so that no financially week family goes hungry.
Objectives of PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
The scheme is designed to help people with low-income in the country who are struggling due to coronavirus and do not have enough money to buy food. The government is providing financial assistance to various groups of people such as health workers and citizens through the PM Garib Kalyan Package. They also give each person 5 kg of grains (wheat or rice) and 1 kg of pulses every month so that no one goes hungry due to the pandemic.
This scheme has helped the people with low-income to live a better life by staying at home during the lockdown. The government launched this scheme to give extra ration to financially weaker families who are dependent on daily wages for their income. This helps them financially as many people have lost their jobs and are facing difficulties. The Prime Minister has announced this scheme to help financially weaker families across the country to stay safely at home.
|Name of the Scheme
|PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana 2023
|26th March 2020
Currently in its seventh phase
(i.e., 1st January 2023 – 31st December 2023)
|To provide free food grains to the people with low-income of the country
|80 crore people with low-income citizens of the country
|Prime Minister Narendra Modi
|Rs. 3.91 lakh crore
|Scheme will continue till December 2023
Features of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
Poor Welfare Scheme Package
- In this scheme, doctors, nurses and other medical staff caring for people suffering from coronavirus will be given insurance up to 50 lakh.
- The Prime Minister gave Rs 500 to every woman in the country for three months. This money was put into their Jan Dhan bank accounts so that they could be safe at home and have enough to live on.
- Through PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana 2023, which is an important part of the Garib Kalyan Yojana, 5 kg of rice or wheat and 1 kg of pulses will be given free to the people with low-income every month
- The Prime Minister made it possible for the women of self-help groups to take loans up to 20 lakhs if they need a loan.
- This scheme has helped a lot of families, especially those who are poor.
- In this scheme, under the NFA (National Food ACT) 2013, two categories of families have been included in the gossip phase or one is the poor family and the other is the beneficiary of the Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
- Under this scheme, financial assistance of ₹1000 was given to citizens, widows and disabled persons for 3 months. Over 3 crore people have benefitted from the scheme.
The seven phases of the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
|April 2020 – June 2020
|July 2020 – November 2020
|May 2021 June 2021
|July 2021 – November 2021
|December 2021 – March 2022
|April 2022 – September 2022
|1st January 2023 – 31st December 2023
Documents for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
- Aadhaar Card
- Jan Dhan Bank Passbook
- Ration Card (Ration Card only for getting wheat or rice and pulses under PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana 2023)
- Job Card (MNREGA Card)
Application for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
- You cannot apply for this scheme online, only people with ration cards can get help from it.
- When you go to the government ration shop, if you have a ration card, you will get 5 kg of food grains for free.
- The bank will also give other benefits to those who qualify for this scheme, and you do not need to fill any form or apply.
- Only poor families can get 5 kg free food grains through their ration card.
Official Important Links
|Official Kalyan Package
|Know Package Details
In this article, if you have any problem or suggestion related to ‘PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana 2023’, then feel free to comment. If you have liked our work, then join our family on WhatsApp group and Telegram channel and grace it and subscribe to ESIC updates for further news related to other government schemes, schemes, it motivates us to do better work.