The Hon’ble Prime Minister in his Independence Day speech on August 15, 2014 called for a massive effort for financial inclusion of the entire population namely “Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Jeevan Bima Yojana 2023“. This scheme is specially meant for those people who have been deprived of the mainstream banking arrangement even after so many years of independence.
Accident Insurance of Rs 2000 (if opened after 28 August 2018) and Life Insurance of Rs 30,000 to account holders who opened a Jan Dhan account from 15 August 2014 to 31 January 2015. Under which financial assistance of Rs 30,000 if provided to family members. the account owner died for some reason.
We inform you that the following services or benefits are available immediately after opening a Jan Dhan account
- RuPay Debit Card (free)
- Overdraft Rs.10,000/-
- 2000000 accident insurance (if the account is after 28.08.2018)
- Life insurance Rs 30,000 (account opened between 20.8.2018 and 31.1.2015)
- Read this to get 2000000000 accident insurance and download claim form.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Jeevan Bima Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Jeevan Bima Yojana|
|Start Date||28 August, 2014|
|Insurance Type||Life Insurance|
|Cover Period||1st April to next year 31st March|
|Cover Amount||30,000 रु|
|Reasons for cover||All death reasons|
|Cover Expiry||60 Years|
How to apply for Jan Dhan Jeevan Bima
There is no need to do this insurance separately, but when opening Jan Dhan accounts, this bank asks for insurance related information in the PMJDY application form itself. Account holders opened after January 31, 2015 do not have this life insurance, say only accounts opened between 08/20/2014 and 01/31/2015 have this life insurance. It is possible that the government will soon extend this deadline and give its benefits to the account holder.
Apart from opening a Jan Dhan account, you don’t need to do anything special to apply for this insurance. But after you have filled the PMJDY application form correctly, check the details of the applicant/applicant and enter the correct details. Jan Dhan account must be between 15th August 2014 and 31st January 2015.
Life Insurance Eligibility | Features
- The age of the account holder must be 18 years – 59 years 364 days.
- The RuPay debit card issued by the bank must be active (must not be closed)
- Compensation: In case of death of the account holder due to any reason, Rs.30,000 will be given to the applicant.
- When the policy is closed: every year this policy is renewed automatically, no renewal amount is required.
- As soon as the account holder reaches the age of 60 years, his insurance cover also ends.
Life Insurance Documents
- Copy of FIR or Panchnama
- death certificate
- Nominee’s Aadhar Card
- passport size photo
- Bank Passbook (of the nominee)
- Claim Form (duly filled)
how to claim life insurance
- The applicant must submit a claim to the bank within 90 days of the death
- First, the applicant must go to the bank of the account holder, there he must speak with each employee.
- They will give you a life insurance claim form. After filling all the details in the form, send the above documents together.
- When all the documents are checked, the bank hands them over to the insurance company.
- Once the documents are sent to the insurance company, the compensation amount will be transferred to the applicant’s bank account within 15-30 days.
|Official Notice||Download PDF|
|Changes to Notice||Download PDF|
|Customer Care No||1800-11-0001|