The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Shri Giriraj Singh has launched a special scheme called Captive Employer Scheme -DDU GKY 2023 in New Delhi. The scheme aims to help youth in rural areas by providing them training and jobs.
The programme will have 19 captive employers who will impart training in various areas such as helping in emergencies, entering data in hospitals, making crafts, food processing, working in shops, helping tourists, working in phones and banks. It is expected that more than 31,000 youth from rural areas will get training and job opportunities through this programme.
Purpose of Captive Employer Scheme -DDU GKY 2023
DDU-GKY is a scheme that helps youth in rural areas to find jobs. It was launched in 2014 and is now being used in many places in India. At present, 877 PIE is training youth from rural areas for various jobs in 2369 training centers.
|Scheme Name||Captive Employer Scheme -DDU GKY 2023|
|Starting Date||28 March, 2023|
|Objective||To help youth in rural areas by providing them training and jobs.|
|Beneficiary||Youth in Rural Areas|
|Announced By||The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Shri Giriraj Singh|
|Current Status||Not Started Yet|
The scheme has trained more than 14 lakh people since its inception and helped more than 8 lakh of them find jobs. The scheme is working on making some changes to make it even better to help people find jobs. The new rules and procedures are almost complete and will be finalised soon.
Features of the Captive Employer Scheme 2023
1. Union Minister Shri Giriraj Singh launched ‘Captive Employment “initiative under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Kaushal Yojana (DDU-GKY).
2. Nineteen companies are working together with the Ministry of Rural Development to teach more than 31,000 youth from rural areas through the DDU-GKY programme.During the event, 10 people who were learning and receiving job training in DDU-GKY programme were given a letter stating that they have been appointed for the job.
3. Two candidates were awarded commendation certificates for their performance during this period of their current employment.
4. The selected companies will teach the youth of rural areas to do different jobs, such as working in hotels, making clothes, making things, working on computers, working in shops and producing electricity.
5. Provide captive employment to at least 75% trained candidates for 6 months.
6. The minimum salary in captive employment is Rs 10,000 (for courses less than 6 months) and Rs 12,000 (for courses more than 6 months).
7. The program is currently being used in 27 states and 4 union territories to help youth who live in rural areas and are poor.
8. More than 877 PIAs (Project Implementing Agencies) are helping the youth in rural areas to learn various works. They’ve been doing this through more than 2369 training trials where they teach.
9. To create a dynamic and need-based skill ecosystem that caters to the needs of industrialists ensuring sustainable institutions for the poor youth of the village.
10. Since the launch of the programme, 14.08 lakh candidates have been trained and 8.39 lakh candidates have got jobs.
11. The purpose of captive employment determines the RTD (Recruitment, Training and Deployment) model.
12. The RTD model addresses the needs of enterprises and imparts training so that youth in rural areas can get permanent placements.
13. Captive employers are companies or industries that pick up young people living in rural areas, teach them skills, and employ them for jobs in their own company or other related companies.
The Benefits of Captive Employer Scheme 2023
The government gives special benefits to companies that hire a large number of employees. Among these advantages are getting priority in obtaining resources, giving discounts as a guarantee of good performance and not paying certain fees. The government also helps in making the operations of these companies easier.
They have entered into an agreement with the Ministry of Rural Development to train workers on the job and give them more experience, which helps companies save money on training.
Training Courses for Rural Youth by Selected Appointees
- IT / ITeS
- Gems and Jewllery
- Security etc.
What is an employment plan?
Captive Employment is a special scheme in India that helps youth in rural areas to learn new skills and find jobs. This is the first scheme of its kind in the country. This scheme is designed to meet the needs of companies with the skills of youth.
These companies train the youth and then hire them in their own business or related companies. This helps the youth to get a stable job and a better future.
Deen Dayal Upadhyay Skill Scheme (DDU-GKY)
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is a government scheme to help youth living in rural areas. The plan seeks to give them training and job opportunities. Its goal is to ensure that they are taught skills so that they can find work and support themselves.
The plan focuses on giving them the necessary training and helping them find jobs. It was launched on 25 September 2014 and is paid for by the Government of India to help people in rural areas. The program is being used in 27 states and 4 union territories to help youth who are poor and live in rural areas.
It is necessary for the employers
1. Offer a captive appointment to all trained applicants.
2. Provide employment to at least 70% trained candidates for 6 months.
3. The minimum salary in captive employment is Rs 10,000 (for a course less than 6 months) and Rs 12,000 (for a course more than 6 months).
What is the RTD model?
The RTD (Recruit, Train and Deploy) model has been suggested to be promoted by the captive employment guidelines. The goal of the RTD model is to ensure that people are being trained for jobs that are really needed in the industry.
Captive Employment Scheme Eligibility There is no information about eligibility in this scheme yet.
Papers for Captive Employment Scheme There is no information about the papers in this scheme yet.
Any problems or suggestions related to this article “CAPTIVE EMPLOYER SCHEME – DDU GKY 2023” feel free to comment. If you have liked our work, then join our family on WhatsApp group and Telegram channel and grace it and subscribe to ESIC Updates for further news related to other government schemes, plans.