In the realm of employee benefits and social security schemes, the Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) holds a crucial position. This guide aims to provide you with an in-depth Understanding of ESIC online challan payment procedures, ensuring you’re well-equipped to navigate this aspect efficiently.
What is ESIC Online Challan Payment?
ESIC online challan payment is a convenient and streamlined method for employers to submit their employees’ monthly contributions to the Employee State Insurance Corporation. It simplifies the payment process by allowing employers to make contributions electronically through the ESIC online portal.
Penal Provisions for ESIC Non-Payment:
The penal provisions for non-payment or delay in payment of contribution are given below in the table:
|Period of delay||Rate of damages in % p.a.|
|Less than 2 months||5%|
|2 months to 4 months||10%|
|4 months to 6 months||15%|
|6 months and above||25%|
The Benefits of ESIC Online Challan Payment
- Efficiency: With ESIC online payment, employers can bid farewell to time-consuming paperwork and manual processes. The digital platform expedites the payment process, reducing the chances of errors and delays.
- Convenience: The online payment system is accessible 24/7, enabling employers to submit contributions at their convenience. This eliminates the need to adhere to traditional working hours.
- Accuracy: The digital nature of ESIC online challan payment minimizes the risk of human errors that often occur during manual data entry. Accurate data submission ensures that employees receive the benefits they are entitled to without any discrepancies.
How to Register to ESIC Portal?
The steps for registering to ESIC portal are given below:
- Step 1: Open the official website of ESIC.
- Step 2: Next, on the homepage you will see the ‘Employer Sign-up’ option. Click on that.
- Step 3: Enter all your basic details and click ‘Submit.’
- Step 4: You will be registered on the ESIC portal.
How to Login to ESIC Portal?
Follow the steps mentioned below to login to ESIC portal:
- Step 1: Open the official website for ESIC Login.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Employer Sign-up’ option.
- Step 3: Enter your user ID and password. Then click ‘Submit.’
Step-by-Step Guide to ESIC Online Challan Payment
Follow these steps to successfully make ESIC online payments:
- Login: Access the ESIC online portal using your credentials.
- Navigate to the Payments Section: Once logged in, locate the “Payments” section on the portal’s dashboard.
- Select Payment Type: Choose the appropriate payment type, such as regular monthly contribution or arrears payment.
- Enter Employee Details: Provide accurate employee details, including the number of employees and their respective ESIC numbers.
- Calculate Contribution: The portal will automatically calculate the total contribution based on the provided employee information.
- Choose Payment Method: Select your preferred payment method, which could include net banking, credit/debit card, or NEFT.
- Review and Confirm: Double-check all entered information and payment details before confirming the transaction.
- Generate Challan: Once the payment is confirmed, the portal will generate a payment challan with a unique reference number.
- Make Payment: Use the challan details to initiate the payment through the selected payment method.
How do I create a challan online?
To generate your challan online, you must complete the instructions below:
- First, select the ‘Generate Challan’ link from the list of modules.
- Step 2: You will be taken to the following page, where you must select the “View” option.
- Step 3: Choose the record to which the payment must be applied and enter the required payment amount.
- Step 4: Select the “Online Option” and then click “Submit.”
- The request submission message will be shown. Now you should click the ‘OK’ button.
ESIC portal online challan double verification:
You must complete the Challan Double Verification on the ESIC portal by following the steps outlined below:
- Select ‘Online Challan Double Verification’ from the list of modules.
- A page will be presented in which you must input the Challan number in the supplied field.
- Press the ‘Submit’ button to reprint the page with the successful payment message.
Processing a Transaction Fail
The following factors could cause the transaction to fail:-
- Because of connectivity problems, the transaction failed.
- Funds shortage
- The user lost their login information.
- The ESIC website failed to reroute the online SBI payment page. Transaction failed because of a broken connection, etc. The “Online Challan Double” link can be used to retry the unsuccessful transaction.
Monthly Contribution Filing for ESIC Online Challan Payment
For submitting your monthly contributions via the ESIC service site, please follow the instructions below:
Go to the ‘Online Monthly Contribution Screen’ in the ESIC service portal as your first step.
Step 2: Click the ‘Preview’ button to view the page’s preview.
Step 3: To submit the information about your monthly donation to ESIC, click the “Submit” button.
Step 4: Employers have the option of manually entering each employee’s contribution and attaching an MS Excel file.
Step 5: The payment must be made through SBI internet banking and can be made using the online payment option.
Step 6: Click the ‘OK’ button to begin the online payment procedure after selecting the ‘Pay Online’ option.
Step 7: Continue with the payment procedure while keeping a copy of the system-generated Challan number for future use.
Step 8: The site will provide the confirmation message after the payment has been completed.
Common FAQs about ESIC Online Payment
Yes, ESIC online challan payment is mandatory for all employers registered under the ESIC scheme. It ensures a streamlined process and accurate record-keeping.
Absolutely. ESIC online payment allows employers to make bulk payments for all their employees in a single transaction.
In case of technical issues, the ESIC portal offers a dedicated customer support helpline to assist you in resolving any payment-related problems.
The employee’s contribution rate is 0.75% of the wages & of the employer’s, it is 3.25% of the wages paid to the employees in the period.
No, we cannot withdraw an ESI amount.
Simplifying ESIC Payment Through Technology
In conclusion, ESIC online payment offers a modern and efficient way for employers to contribute to their employees’ social security benefits. By embracing this digital solution, employers can enhance accuracy, save time, and ensure seamless transactions. This guide aimed to provide you with a comprehensive overview of ESIC online challan payment, empowering you to make informed decisions and stay ahead in the ever-evolving landscape of employee benefits and contributions.